Pages

Young Life Capernaum

Young Life Capernaum

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What It Would Look Like by GR Smith, Capernaum friend in Omaha

This month, we have a guest post from our friend G.R. Smith who attends Capernaum in Omaha.  I wonder what it would look like if we all reflected on what we've learned and took the time (and courage) to dream like G.R. does.  Can't wait to see how God continues to use G.R. in Young Life!



I enjoy the activities and studying the Bible at Young Life.  I like the people who are there.  I like to learn about the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ.  I also like to learn about Heaven.  These are some topics we go over in Bible study at Young Life.



For Young Life, I went up to Castaway Camp in Minnesota and did work crew a few summers ago.  On work crew I vacuumed out the cabins and greeted the campers as they got off the busses.  This year, my friend Ann and I went to Nashville.  I was there to learn how to be leader for Young Life.  I learned how we can make our churches welcoming to everyone.  On the second night, we went to downtown Nashville, and we danced at a karaoke bar.  I had an awesome time.



Ann, my parents, and I are talking about me getting a job over at Young Life.  I was thinking about what I would like to do if I got a job working with Ann at Young Life.  I would come up with different activities that would be new and fun.  This summer, I am going to help out at Castaway Camp again for a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment